Eric S. Yu
Eric S. Yu, trademark law attorney at Quadros, Migl, and Crosby PLLC, assists clients in general business, real estate, and trademark law matters. Attorney Yu provides individualized client counseling that caters to his client’s needs, industry, and budget.
Eric Yu was born and raised in Houston, Texas in an entrepreneur-centric household where he learned the values of hard work, creativity, and dedication to excellence. Prior to law school Eric earned a Bachelor of Science in Advertising and Global Business, owned his own small business, and worked for Hearst Media as a digital advertising manager. In addition to providing legal guidance for his clients at Quadros, Migl, & Crosby, he currently serves as an adjunct professor at South Texas College of Law Houston's Trademark Clinic. Eric’s business background and trademark law focus provides for an intimate understanding of the intersection where branding meets the law and allows him to relate to his clients in a way that most attorneys cannot.
Mr. Yu is an endurance athlete and has participated in multiple marathons, Ironman triathlons, and ultra-distance trail runs. Eric’s commitment to excellence, exceptional level of discipline, and client-first focus is apparent in all his interactions with his clients.
- University of Houston- BS in Advertising and Global Business, 2008
- South Texas College of Law, Houston- JD, 2016
- Intellectual Property Law, Member
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law, Member
- Asian Real Estate Association (AREAA), Member
- Licensed with State Bar of Texas, 2017
- Represented a local co-working facility against a global real estate office space conglomerate before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and obtained amicable resolution in the opposition proceeding and subsequently negotiating favorable settlement agreement on behalf of client.
- Negotiating commercial real estate leases for both tenant and landlord clients.
Teaching Assistant and Supervising Attorney at South Texas College of Law Trademark Clinic.
- Oversaw and supervised students with the prosecution of trademark applications with the USPTO
- Trademark filings with the USPTO
Experience and Employers:
- (1) Porter Law Firm: Commercial real estate law, commercial lease negotiations and review, purchase and sale of commercial real estate
- (2) The US Small Business Administration: team leader for a group of attorneys tasked with reviewing EIDL loans for disbursement
- (3) Eric S. Yu Law Firm- trademark law and legal consulting for small businesses and start-ups
- (4) Koong Law Group: wide array of business law
- T: (281) 691-4199