Jerel W. Ehlert II
Jerel W. Ehlert II represent clients in areas of real estate, securities, business, and estate law. With over 20 years’ experience as a business owner and real estate investor, Mr. Ehlert brings a unique perspective as counselor.
A native Texan, Jerel can trace his lineage to immigration through Port of Galveston in 1870. Born in Houston, he graduated Waller High School, and joined the U.S. Navy where he served as an electrician on nuclear propulsion plants. After an honorable discharged, Mr. Ehlert attended the University of Houston and graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
After college, Mr. Ehlert began investing in real estate part-time and transitioned to a full-time entrepreneur by 2003. He ran a number of companies by himself and with co-owners. His primary responsibilities were related to acquisitions, operations, and dispositions of investment properties in Texas, Michigan, and Nevada.
At the age of 38, Mr. Ehlert competed with applicants many years’ junior to earn a place at South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas. There, he focused on courses beneficial to future business and real estate clients. He joined the Texas Journal of Business Law board as an associate editor. And by successfully passing a rigorous course of study, he earned the school’s transactional certificate in mergers and acquisitions.
In 2015, Mr. Ehlert immediately opened his own firm and represented clients throughout central Texas. In addition to the State Bar of Texas, he is admitted to practice before the Southern District of Texas federal courts. In 2022, he joined Quadros, Migl & Crosby.
- Draft and review closing documents for commercial and residential transactions, including private lending, curative title instruments, and compliant owner financing.
- Represented syndicators and passive investors in drafting or reviewing private placement memorandums related to raising capital for real estate projects.
- Represented parties to the private sale of businesses.
- Prosecuted, defended, and settled disputes among business owners.
- Represented lenders in judicial and non-judicial foreclosures.
- Represented prior owners of property to extract excess proceeds from tax foreclosures (Sheriff’s sale), with total money reclaimed from court registries in Texas exceeding $1.5 million.
- Represented Landlords and Tenants in lease disputes.
- T: (214) 731-3111
- F: (214) 731-3117