Shannon A.S. Quadros, Shareholder
Shannon Quadros is a commercial trial lawyer representing businesses and individuals in federal and state courts, as well as arbitration proceedings. He has extensive experience in construction, real-estate, and property-related disputes. Mr. Quadros’ prior extensive business experience in the real-estate arena provides him a keen understanding of the issues those clients face and business solutions those clients want. Having started and operated a business of his own, Mr. Quadros is sensitive to the legal needs of small-business owners and start-ups. Mr. Quadros has represented clients through the process of property leasing, acquisition, and finance; contract formation with architects, engineers, and other design professionals; execution and administration of contractor agreements and the construction process; close-out of projects and lien issues; and resolution of any subsequent claims. Mr. Quadros also assists corporate clients with negotiating complex leases to best manage risk on commencement of the lease and to effect lease termination if the need arises.
Mr. Quadros also serves as a private mediator and arbitrator in the Houston area for a variety of commercial disputes. Prior to joining the Houston office of Quadros, Migl & Crosby, Shannon was an associate at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, Williams & Aughtry, and Edison, McDowell & Hetherington LLP.
- Applied, enforced, and collected on mechanic’s and materialmen’s lien rights for architect client against boutique hotel for non-payment of significant professional fees.
- Obtained take-nothing verdict at trial for commercial lender defendant in Federal Court suit by real-estate holding company; Successfully defended numerous appeals in same-suit and effected negotiated settlement to client satisfaction.
- Represented high net-worth individual client in inter-state and international commercial real-estate dispute resulting in settlement with no out-of-pocket contribution costs to client.
- Prosecuted misappropriation and accounting claims on behalf of non-profit entity regarding expenditure of joint-venture funds. Obtained agreed judgment and guaranty of payment for client.
- Obtained significant jury award in Montgomery County, Texas, in favor of homeowner-client against custom-home builder for construction defect and breach of contract case. Jury awarded treble damages as well as attorney and expert fees.
- Successfully defended Oil & Gas instrumentation manufacturer and its employee against claims of intellectual property and trade secret misappropriation by competitor resulting in dissolution of temporary restraining order and injunction, and non-suit by former employer.
Articles and Publications:
- Supreme Court Continues Down Pro-Arbitration Road, American Bar Association Section of Litigation - Business Torts and Unfair Competition Litigation Committee, Spring 2014, Vol. 21 No. 3.
Seminars & Presentations:
- Little Clouds Can Still Make It Rain–Business Development for Solos and Small Firms, Texas Minority Attorney Program, April 2019.
- Thorn Amongst Roses: Public and Private Nuisance for the General Practitioner , HBA – CLE Spring 2018 (video)
- Overview of Contract Law; Legal Issues for Civil Engineers, February 28, 2017.
- Chutes and Ladders in the CPRC , HBA-CLC Summer 2016.
- Non-competes, Non-solicits, and Non-Disclosures — The 3 Horsemen of Employment Law that Every Engineer Should Know. , Instituted for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Consultants Network, Houston, February 1, 2016.
- TUTSA / Trade Secrets for Engineers, Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Consultants Network, Houston, March 23, 2015.
- Complying with Texas Rules and Regulations On the Practice of Professional Engineering, Texas Engineering Law Seminar, Houston, February 20, 2015.
- Mechanics of Mechanics Liens, Houston Bar Association, November 14, 2014.
- Guarding the Secret Recipe: Texas Adopts the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s 37th Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar, Houston, October 30, 2014.
- Complying with the Ethical and Regulatory Rules on the Practice of Landscape Architecture, Current Issues in Texas Landscape Architecture Seminar, Houston, July 16, 2014.
- University of Houston Law Center: Pathway to Success Diversity Initiative — Networking in Practice.
- Telephone: (713) 300-9662
- Fax: (214) 731-3117
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Mumbai B.E. Electronics Engineering, 1999
- Pennsylvania State University M.S. Electrical Engineering, 2000
- University of Houston Law Center J.D., cum laude, 2010, Order of the Barons
- Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, Williams & Aughtry (2012-2015)
- Edison, McDowell & Hetherington LLP (2010-2011)
- Judicial Intern, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Hon. Gray H. Miller (2008)
Bar & Court Admissions:
- State of Texas, Admitted 2010
- United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- 2017-2019 Rising Star by SuperLawyers.com
- Top Lawyer, H-Texas Magazine 2015-2020
- Houstonia Top Lawyers 2018-2020
- State Bar of Texas
- Steering Committee Member – Texas Minority
- Counsel Program (TMCP): 2017, 2018
- Construction Law Section, Litigation Section
- Houston Bar Association
- Former Co-Chair, Gender Fairness Committee
- Former Co-Chair, Minority Opportunities in Law Committee
- Vice-Chairperson, Section on Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Institute of Electrical and Electric Engineers